Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day #1 of our journey

Well today was our very first offical day of Foster to Adopt classes. We enjoyed being able to take them with friends of ours. The classes were heart breaking to see what some kids at such a young age are forced to go through out of no fault of their own. We are planning on fostering-to-adopt a infant so many of the things we learned today really didn't apply to us but still very informative for if we chose to do an older child adoption one day. I still can't believe how the Lord has worked all of this out for us to be in this class on this journey. I prayed a long time ago...."Lord I have no clue how to even begin such a huge process, where to go, who to talk to" so I left it in His capable hands and asked Him to lead us. And low and behold at a women's tea with our church I met a new friend who had adopted a son from California and really wanted to do it again. Well that got my attention and the attention of another friend of mine who happened to be a nurse. She just happened to be on one day and got to talking with a patient who just happpened to have adopted 3 children from the state foster-to-adopt system. And she proceeded to tell my friend all about this ministry and working with the state and how much she loved them. Well when we heard about this we were so excited but I had that feeling again....like I have no clue how to do this. For me getting pregnant was easy, not much planning or much to think about. But this is a whole different ball game. But stephen and I truly know that there is a child the Lord has choosen to give to this family. I don't know how anything is going to play out at this point but I know one thing. I can rest in His hands and know 100% He is in control with out my help=) So I hope to keep this blog up-to-date as we go through the system and see what the Lord has in store for us=) We would ask that you would pray for us when you think about it. Thanks=)

No comments: